Are you our Next Talented Assistant Vessel Manager?
Onsdag 21. december 2016 kl: 10:02
TORM is looking for new talents to join our highly skilled Vessel Management Team in Copenhagen.
The position offers a unique opportunity for career development in a world-class shipping company operating a fleet with advanced maritime technology.
The job will be challenging and involve independent tasks as well as teamwork. The position contains great potential for development and the right candidate will get the chance to join the new “Certificate of Vessel Management” education at Copenhagen School of Marine Engineering.
As an Assistant Vessel Manager, your tasks will be to:
- Support overall management of the assigned vessels
- Engage in the implementation of safety and environmental standards ensuring that assigned vessels are capable of operating safely
- Assist in ensuring that onboard management teams are adequately supported for the vessels to be in compliance with classification and flagstate requirements
- Support the vessels with close follow up on onboard maintenance ensuring optimal operational efficiency
- Give technical support and assistance to assigned vessels including onboard technical inspections
- Support the vessels in being tradable at all times
Preferably, you have the following competencies:
- Marine Engineer with excellent results from marine engineer academy and cadet period
- Minimum 2 years of marine experience as engineer onboard
- Strong technical skills and the ability to keep focus in stressful situations
- Excellent at team working
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- Customer focus and ability to communicate easily with both technical and commercial staff
- Profiles with different level of experience will be taken into consideration.
A contract on local Danish terms, a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package including bonus, pension and health insurance.
Based in Copenhagen, you will be part of a leading, world-class shipping company. Our corporate culture is characterized by well-defined values and an informal but performance oriented working environment.
For further information regarding the position, please call HR Manager, Carina Cappelen (+45) 3917 9384 or Vessel Group Manager, Rasmus Højmark (+45) 3917 8146.
Please submit your application and CV via the below link as soon as possible. Applications are evaluated continuously and interviews will take place as soon as possible.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION HERE
Your application will be treated with absolut confidence and our reply will be send to the email address from which you submitted your application.
The people of TORM are our real asset and we believe in ensuring the best possible working environment, both at sea and ashore. In TORM, we enjoy working together in a professional, international and informal working atmosphere. We pride ourselves in providing an environment that encourages professional and personal development and gives room for ambitions. The people of TORM are different nationalities, ages and gender, and TORM support equal rights for all employees.
TORM is one of the world’s leading carriers of refined oil. The Company runs a fleet of approximately 80 vessels. TORM was founded in 1889. The Company conducts business worldwide and is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark. TORM’s shares are listed on NASDAQ OMX Copenhagen. For further information, please visit www.torm.com